- This event has passed.
FIX NextGen Asia Pacific – Charting the Evolution of Trading & the FIX Protocol
August 5, 2021 @ 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm HKT
Welcome to this FIX Trading Community FIXinar
The FIX’s AP Education and Marketing Subcommittee’s Next Generation (FNG) Group is pleased to be hosting a webinar on “Charting the Evolution of Trading & the FIX Protocol”. This FNG webinar is aimed at finance professionals who have been in trading for less than 10 years, some of whom may trade but not fully know how the technology behind it works and how the industry is rapidly evolving. Opening with a FIX 101 presentation to introduce the technology standard that keeps institutions trading globally, a panel of senior industry experts will then discuss how trading has evolved over the last 5 years (and how best practice/technology will advance moving forward), covering topics such as quantitative trading, outsourcing, and increasing service expectations from clients.
Speaker on FIX 101:
- Damian Bierman, Co-Chair, Asia Pacific Education and Marketing Subcommittee, FIX Trading Community, and Head of Trading Operations APAC, FactSet Research Systems
- Moderator: David Lutz, Vice President – Global Client Development, Markets, HKEX
- Jonathan Finney, Head of APAC Business Development, Citadel Securities
- April Lin, Vice President, Senior Equity Trader, International Equity Trading, AllianceBernstein L.P.
- Siddharth Mohan, Director, AES Product, Asia Pacific, Credit Suisse
This webinar** is complimentary for all industry participants.
Date: Thursday 5th August 2021
Time: 12:15pm-1:30pm (HKT/SGT) / 2:15pm-3:30pm (SYN/MEL time)
Format: Panel Discussion and Q&A
*The goal of the FNG group is to offer networking, knowledge sharing, and career development for junior and mid-level professionals at member firms. You are also welcome to refer your colleagues or industry peers (who have up to 7 years of industry experience) from the FIX member firms to join the FNG group.
**This event is run under Chatham House Rules and no video/audio recording is allowed.
Enquiry: Barbara Law
T: (852) 8203 6091
M: (852) 9231 9557