- This event has passed.
FIX Australia Working Group – ETFs trading and operations globally and in Australia
May 19, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm EDT
Welcome to this FIX Trading Community Working Group Meeting
Thursday 19th May | 4:30pm-5:45pm (Sydney) to be followed by networking drinks
Looking to learn more about the developments of ETFs trading and operations?
The FIX Trading Community’s Australia Working Group will host an ETF Seminar on 19th May. Bringing together issuer, broker and market makers, we will discuss the latest developments in ETFs operation, trading and market-making globally and in Australia. It’s a physical event with a networking drink reception, we will also provide a live streaming of the event for those who cannot join in-person.
- 4:30pm (GMT+10) – panel discussion and Q&A
- 5:45pm (GMT+10) – drink session generously sponsored by Cboe
What you will learn:
- The global and domestic trends (Active ETFs, Cross-listing etc.)
- How to get more institutional use of ETFs
- Internal (Agency) and External (Principal) market-making
- How does the fungibility of listed/unlisted funds affect the market and market-making?
- How to increase the quality of on-screen liquidity
- Australia: ETF market opening time, ETF transparency, ETF Naming Convention
- ETFs workflows (Creation/Redemption) and Automation
- Update of the work of FIX’s ETF working group
- Stephen Ead, Head of iShares ETF product and platform in Australia, BlackRock
- Morgan Potter, CEO, Nine Mile Financial
- Robert Risk, Business Development Manager, Susquehanna Pacific Pty Ltd (SPPL)
Moderator: Murrough O’Brien, Head of Institutional Sales, Cboe Australia Pty Ltd
Thanks Cboe for sponsoring the drinks and Credit Suisse for providing the venue.
Venue: Credit Suisse office (PB Room, 1 Macquarie Place, Level 31, Sydney)
Fee: Free of charge for FIX members and invited industry participants