Major changes in FIX 4.3 include:
- Reorganization of the specification into 7 volumes (see VOLUME INDEX in Volume 1)
- Documentation represents dual syntax consisting of traditional “tag-equals-value” and XML-based FIXML
- Fixed Income product support
- Collective Investment Vehicles (CIV) product (Mutual Funds, Unit Trusts, etc) support
- Enhanced support for Derivatives products
- Expanded support for Cross orders
- Support for swaps and multi-leg instrument orders
- “Streetside” trade capture reporting (e.g. sellside to DTC in U.S.)
- Enhancements to security and trading session definition and requests
- Additional support for Asia/Pacific and Japanese requirements
The Errata contains a list of minor adjustments to the FIX 4.3 Specification document due to typographical errors or ambiguities. The nature and scope of these adjustments do not introduce new functionality or new messages. Unlike previous errata for previous releases of FIX, new fields were introduced to address specific omissions that resulted in preventing usage of messages. All of the items specified in this document are considered part of the standard FIX 4.3 release. The list of items has been reviewed and approved by the FIX Global Technical Committee (GTC). This FIX 4.3 Errata 20020920 is considered the current version of the FIX 4.3 specification.
Implementers of FIX version 4.3 should base their implementations on this errata release, referring to the FIX 4.3 Specification document with Errata 20020920 to ensure the most consistent implementation and clearest understanding of the FIX protocol.