Welcome to the FIX Trading Community Webinar
The ETF primary volumes are at a record and growing. The ETF is an increasingly important asset class/investment vehicle, and it is being widely used across brokers, liquidity providers, authorized participants, sponsors, and the overall ecosystem. There is an inefficiency and lack of common or standard ways to connect across the ETF primary trading processes and ecosystem. Our panel of experts will discuss the state of the industry and its challenges, including:
· How big is the market and how does it work?
· What is the lifecycle of an ETF from creation by a sponsor to the buy side, sell side, and exchanges?
· ETF rebalancing, the creation/redemption process, relationship to liquidity, Request for Quote (RFQ), etc.
· What are the nuances between ETFs in the regional markets i.e. US, EMEA, Asia, LatAm?
· What are the challenges we are facing today – overcoming ETFs fragmentation and the impact of compressed margins on front, middle and back offices?
· The need to standardize and simplify the ETF full lifecycle and ecosystem and FIX’s role in the ETF lifecycle and proposed activities of a new working group
- Peter Borstelmann, Co-Chair FIX ETF Working Group, FIX Trading Community, President of ICE Bonds and Head of ETF Hub, ICE,
- Jim Goldie, EMEA Head of Capital Markets, ETFs & Indexed Strategies, Invesco Asset Management
- Nick Hodge, Chair FIX ETF Working Group, FIX Trading Community, Managing Director, BlackRock
- Tom Jordan, President and CEO, Jordan & Jordan
- Jeffrey McCarthy, Global Segment Head-Exchange Traded Funds, BNY Mellon Asset Servicing
Please note this webinar will be delivered via Zoom.
FIX Trading Community Member Firms – FREE | Non-Member Firms – $25 + Fees